IMPORTANT: It is your responsibility to register your rental vehicle for the charge. Sixt does not do this for you.
The charge requires drivers to register the vehicle they are driving if they wish to enter the charge Zone during the hours of 07.00-18.00. There is no charge on weekends, public holidays, between Christmas day and New Years Day inclusive or between 18.00-07.00.
Road signs and markings on the road will advise you that you are entering and leaving the charge Zone. For more information on signage please visit https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge and click on ‘Road signs’.
The daily charge is increasing as of 4 January 2011.
Sixt rent a car has locations all over London to see all of our locations. Click Here!
The driver of the vehicle is responsible for:
- Registering the vehicle if entering the Zone.
- Paying the Congestion Charge of £11.50 per day either in advance or before midnight on the day of travel. Paying £14.00 if paid after midnight on the day of entering the Zone. The driver has up until midnight on the next charging day after the vehicle has entered the Zone to make this payment.
- All fines or penalties related to late or non-payment of registration.
- £11.50 per day, payable either in advance or up until midnight on the day of travel. This increases to £14.00 if paid after midnight on the day of entering the Zone.
- The driver has until midnight on the next charging day after entering the Zone to make the £14.00 payment or a penalty fine for £120.00 will be issued to the driver for failure to register, which will reduce to £65.00 if paid within 14 days.
- A £180.00 penalty if failure to make payment within 28 calendar days.
- Plus £30.00 + VAT administration fee
How to Pay:
The charge can be paid online at https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge or by calling 0845 900 1234. The charge can be paid by cash, cheque or credit card. If paying the charge after the day of travel, please remember that payments will only be accepted until midnight on the next charging day after the vehicle has entered the Zone. This £11.50 payment can only be paid via telephone on 0845 900 1234 or online at https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge.
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge Drivers of vehicles obtained from hire car companies are liable to pay the Congestion Charge. We will also levy our standard £30.00 (excl. VAT) administration fee for handling penalty fines. Licensed buses with 9 seats are exempt from the London Congestion Charge.
Please note: This information is subject to change without prior notice and for the most up-to-date information please visit the Congestion Charge website at www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge.