Head to the small mountain village of Eze, just off the road to Monaco. Here you can visit a beautiful cactus garden and enjoy a tour of the Fragonard perfume factory. Take some time for a hike on the Path of Nietzsche, listening out for the hidden waterfall.
Distances to Eze
- From Nice Airport: 18 miles, about 30 minutes
- From Nice Train Station: 8 miles, about 30 minutes
The beaches in Nice are made up of river washed pebbles so for sandier family-friendly beaches drive to the resort of Villefranche-sur-Mer. Relax on the sand before touring the ancient Citadelle St Elme and taking a drive around the peninsula of St Jean Cap Ferrat admiring the secluded homes of the seriously wealthy.
Distance to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- From Nice Airport: 8.5 miles, about 30 minutes
- From Nice Train Station: 5 miles, about 25 minutes
Head inland from Nice to the hilltop village of Saint-Paul de Vence. Always an art mecca, the work of local artists can be explored at La Fondation Maeght, the town's museum of contemporary art. Otherwise just enjoy meandering around the narrow medieval streets of Saint Paul.
Distance to Saint-Paul de Vence
- From Nice Airport: 7 miles, about 17 minutes
- From Nice Train Station: 11 miles, about 30 minutes