I had a very pleasant experience renting a car with Sixt. All went smoothly and Karim that served me was very professional and provided me with all information needed. I have a few tips for those planning on renting a car with them that I researched beforehand and it helped me to go through the renting process smoothly.
1. If you hold a foreign driving licence but still live in England you need two forms of proof of address. This can be either printed or SHOWED ON YOUR PHONE. (This doesn’t have to be posted and can be for instance two different bank statements). You will also need your Passport with you.
2. Double check if your foreign driving licence needs international driving permit.
3. Wash your car and clean it inside before returning.
4. Take pictures and videos of all the scratches before and after.
5. If you buy full insurance with rentalcars it’s all good you don’t need to buy it again with Sixt. Although you may want to go with Road assistance that I bought from Sixt to avoid any difficult situations on the road. I paid £27 for 4 days and I think this is very reasonable price for your peace of mind.
I was happy with the service and I am posting this to assure people that may be scared off by some reviews here that if you’re prepared and follow the steps you will have no issues.
The only sketchy thing was the amount of fuel in a tank. I suspect that I didn’t get the FULL one. But that’s my assumption only. Hard to prove it.
I didn’t have any problems with a car so I can’t advice on the process or the deposit.
£300 we’re hold on my account and returned after car inspection.