Sight Seeing Information
The small village of Aviemore was virtually unknown before the Cairngorm Ski area was developed in 1960. Today, many visitors to Inverness take advantage of the city's proximity to Aviemore for a weekend of skiing or a trip on the UK's highest funicular railway which can be accessed from the car park at Coire Cas.
Distances to Aviemore
- From Inverness Airport: 36.1 miles about 45 minutes
- From Inverness city centre: 28 miles about 30 minutes
A must for Macbeth fans, Cawdor Castle was the setting for William Shakespeare's famous play. The scenic route also passes Culloden, site of one of the most famous defeats of the Scots by the English invaders.
Distances to Cawdor Castle
- From Inverness Airport: 7.1 miles about 13 minutes
- From Inverness city centre: 14.6 miles about 28 minutes
No visit to Inverness is complete without a trip to Loch Ness. This scenic body of water is said to be home to Nessie, the most famous monster in Scotland.
Distances to Loch Ness
- From Inverness Airport: 22.6 miles about 41 minutes
- From Inverness city centre: 13.3 miles about 26 minutes