Faro Old Town, encircled by its ancient city walls, lies at the very heart of Faro and offers up plenty of beautiful historic buildings to explore, including the neoclassical Arco da Vila gate, Faro's ancient cathedral and the sinister looking Capela de Ossos Bone Chapel.
Distance to Faro Old Town
- From Faro Airport: 4 miles, about 15 minutes
- From Albufeira: 28 miles, about 42 minutes
Ponta da Piedale promises memorable scenic views for any visitor. This popular tourist spot is comprised of an unusual group of rock formations situated just down the coast from Lagos. You can descend the steps to reach some of the most scenic spots, but don't forget to take your camera.
Distance to Ponta da Piedale
- From Faro Airport: 57 miles, about 1 hour
- From Lagos: 2.5 miles, about 10 minutes
Tavira, located on the eastern side of the Algarve is a lovely little town for spending a day trip or the weekend. Sitting on the Gilão River, this elegant fishing town can transport visitors into an ancient time thanks to its unique character and history. Apart from being an incredibly beautiful place to visit, the town is notable for its fine churches, fabulous island beach and relaxing river front.
Distance to Tavira
- From Faro Airport: 25 miles, about 40 minutes
- From Albufeira: 44 miles, about 50 minutes