Navagio Beach, otherwise known as Shipwreck Beach, is a popular attraction on the island that's incredibly easy to get to when you've a rental vehicle at your disposal. It might lie on the opposite side the island from Zakynthos International Airport and Zakynthos Port, but getting there is an absolute breeze. When you visit one of the most beloved beaches on the island, expect pebbles underfoot, brilliantly blue waters, not to mention that iconic shipwreck itself. Even if you're only visiting the island for a weekend, this is a dream road trip destination.
Distance to Navagio
- From Zakynthos International Airport: 22 miles, about 58 minutes
- From Zakynthos Port: 21 miles, about 55 minutes
- From Zakynthos city centre: 22 miles, about 58 minutes
Zakynthos Marine Park is another essential place to visit while on the island. Its Laganas bay location on the southern shoreline should give you an idea of what spectacular sights await you, with this national park spanning an area of more than 50 miles. Not only is this protected area home to animal species like the loggerhead sea turtle and monk seal, there's a fabulous array of unique flora to enjoy.
Distance to The DoSeum
- From San Antonio International Airport: 8.1 miles, about 14 minutes
- From San Antonio city centre: 2.7 miles, about 10 minutes