Skaros Rock is an iconic natural monument that is enduringly popular with visitors to Santorini. In medieval times it was used as a castle fortress, as it offered the best protection from pirates. Today, it provides one of the best views on the island, with a stunning vista across the sea towards neighbouring islands.
Distance to Skaros Rock
- From Santorini Airport: 5.2 miles, about 15 minutes
- From Fira town centre: 1.8 miles, about 10 minutes
The Mnemossyne Gallery can be found inside a traditional cave-style structure, and although it's small, it is home to a great selection of prints and paintings. The perfect spot for picking up a souvenir or gift, it also stocks jewellery and ceramics, and it's only a short drive from Fira's town centre.
Distance to Mnemossyne Gallery
- From Santorini Airport: 11 miles, about 30 minutes
- From Fira town centre: 7.3 miles, about 26 minutes
Venetsanos Winery has been in operation since 1949, and represents Santorini's rich winemaking history. Visitors to the winery can sample a variety of local wines, before enjoying a long lunch on the sunny terrace.
Distance to Venetsanos Winery
- From Santorini Airport: 4 miles, about 13 minutes
- From Fira town centre: 3.3 miles, about 12 minutes