Sixt vehicles in Belgium are supplied by premium names like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar and Audi. Automatic transmissions, one-way car rentals, child seats, Sat Navs and Winter tyres can all be selected from our car hire in Belgium bookings page.
Which car rental in Belgium is right for me?
- Compact cars are ideal for historic city centres.
- Saloons make motorway driving easy.
- Estates and 4x4s are just right for families and larger groups, holding five people, three suitcases and two travel bags.
- Sports cars and convertibles are perfect for romantic breaks or cruising the coastline
- 7 and 9-seater minibuses suit larger parties.
- Pick vans if business materials need transporting.
In Belgium, both UK and EU driving licences are accepted along with international driving licences belonging to European non-residents. Licences in non-Roman alphabets must be accompanied by an International Driver's Permit (IDP). An ID document must be presented when you rent a car in Belgium.
The minimum age for driving a car hire in Belgium is 21, provided a licence has been held for two years. For drivers under 25, young driver surcharges may apply.
Credit Card Payment
Payment for car hire in Belgium is by major credit card or Airplus only. These should be in the driver's name. Prepaid and debit cards are not accepted. A security deposit is charged against the card on vehicle collection and any extra rental costs are also charged to this card.
For Sixt assistance call our Belgium hotline on +32 70225800. For Belgium emergency services, call 112.