Manchester Piccadilly Car Hire
Car Hire Information for Manchester Piccadilly
Car rental is convenient when you use Sixt. Our Manchester Piccadilly branch is located on Ducie Street, which is a short walk away from Manchester Piccadilly railway station. The branch is open 7 days a week, including bank holidays. You can hire a range of vehicle types from this branch, including luxury cars, economy cars, convertibles, sports cars, or vans. Customise your car hire by adding optional extras, such as sat nav, child seat or baby seat. Various cheap car brands as well as prestigious verhicles are available, including Vauxhall, VW, Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz and Audi. When you rent a car with Sixt you can be sure to find an option that suits you.
Get around with car and van hire Manchester Piccadilly
Manchester is the UK's second largest urban area and is situated in the North-West of England. It is the host to a variety of attractions, including the Palace Theatre, the Arndale shopping centre, the Bridgewater concert hall, and a thriving nightlife. You can browse the high street shops or wander around the Northern Quarter and its independent boutiques and bars. With a rented car, though, you don't have to stay in the city centre. Leeds and Liverpool are both within an hour's drive, as is the picturesque town of Chester. If you want sea views, you can head up to Southport or Blackpool. Additionally, Manchester airport serves a multitude of international routes - you can hire a car one way between Piccadily and the airport with no additional cost. Save money on expensive taxi fares! airport car hire can help you get there. And if you're travelling with many friends, we also offer a van hire in Manchester.
5 Things to do in Manchester
1. Visit the stadiums of Manchester United and Manchester City, The 2 most recent Barclays Premier League Champions! 2. Head into town shopping, The Arndale centre and the high end department stores of Selfridges and Harvey Nichols are just a short walk from the branch. Dont forget to take your plastic! 3. Is art your thing? Salford was home to the painter L.S.Lowry, famed for his works depicting working class Britain and his use of matchstick men. The Lowry art gallery dedicated to his works is located in Salford quays. 4. Over the years Manchester has borne a thriving music scene, artists such as The Smiths, The Stone Roses and Oasis all hail from around here. Get yourself along to a gig in one of the citys many venues. You never know, you could be one of the first people to say you saw the next Morrissey before they got big! 5. Just come up for a good old knees up! Manchester has many different districts that will appeal to all tastes when here for a night out, whether it be the bars and cafes along Deansgate, the fasionable northern quarter, the gay vilage or the student areas of Fallowfield and Oxford Road. Be sure that there are pub, clubs and restaraunts to suit all demographics.
Are you looking for a prestige car? Check out prestige car hire Manchester.
Welcome to Sixt Car Hire at Manchester Piccadilly
|M1 2JL Manchester GB +44-161-3002719|
|Type of station:||City|
|GDS - Code:||MANC05|
|Mo. - Fr.||08:00 - 19:00|
|Sa.||08:00 - 17:00|
|Su.||09:00 - 16:00|
|Bank holiday||09:00 - 16:00|
What our customers say
- Monir C. | 28.11.2013 20:25 Excellent customer service. Hope to rent again in the future and would like to thank Jack for his help.
- William T. | 15.11.2013 14:17 10 out of 10 for the whole experience, good value for money, great customer service and the whole process was so much more quick and easy than I have experienced with other rental firms in the past. Will definitely use again!
- Daniel C. | 02.10.2013 11:58 Some companies are hugely overzealous about looking for faults on returned vehicles - makes you feel like you've done something wrong when you haven't! Sixt were swift and kind when conducting their checks which made me feel more comfortable.
- Paul Albert F. | 24.09.2013 12:04 Super helpful staff made my experience I have ever had when renting a car. Really well done!
- Maria M. | 18.09.2013 12:48 We were very satisfied with the whole process. Easy and clear booking (you get the final price immediately with all insurances included), staff have been very friendly and efficient. We would highly recommend Sixt, especially the Piccadilly branch on Ducie Street, Manchester and for sure would rent a vehicle from them again.
- Edward J. | 18.09.2013 10:27 CAN NOT FAULT THE SERVICES ,I KNOW YOU HAVE LITTLE SPACE ,BUT IF I COULD LEFT MY CAR IT WOULD BEEN PERFECT ALL ROUND
- Martin A. | 07.09.2013 11:27 Your staff went much further than expected and really went the extra mile for us. Our wedding anniversary celebration was therefore even better due to Sixt' staff. Thanks. Excellent service.
- Joseph M. | 03.09.2013 12:01 Very happy with the service and prices -- keep up the good work!
- Andrew P. | 01.09.2013 14:01 Very good service. Will use Sixt again.
- Mitchell G. | 01.09.2013 12:00 I thought that the additional charges for taking the vehicle out of the UK were too high, especially given the fact that the vehicle was not supplied with any of the necessary equipment for driving in France/Spain. Having said that I was pleased that I was able to take the vehicle out of the UK, and that I was able to book it at very...
- Jan O. | 01.09.2013 11:34 I have regularly used Sixt for my car rental needs and never had a problem, excellent service. Never been pressured by upgrades or add-ons, asked yes but never pressured, I like that.
- Stephen W. | 30.08.2013 12:22 I find the staff very friendly and would recommend Sixt to others.Just a pity the 17 seater only does 62mph and not 70mph.
- Sarah R. | 29.08.2013 08:42 Easy, clean, convenient, polite, quick, excellent service
- Allicia R. | 26.08.2013 22:26 I have been hiring cars for a while now and i have never had a problem it has always been a straight forward process and i have recommended friends.
- John P. | 26.08.2013 13:31 I was lucky enough to be given a free upgrade, this was very appreciated and unexpected. Once again excellent service at this branch
- Jasmine M. | 26.08.2013 10:57 I have rented vehicles from other companies and am aware of the fairly standard procedure.I found sixt to be different. The staff were helpful and friendly, the van was spotless and in excellent condition. The pick up and return was stress free and the overall experience was a delight!I would, and have recommended sixt to family and...
- Alexey E. | 13.08.2013 18:49 The car was good, the price was better (never expected THAT of Sixt, frankly!), and I will use your services again. Thanks!
- Ana Maria C. | 10.08.2013 20:09 everything was perfect.Thanks a lot
- Michael F. | 07.08.2013 20:43 Excellent and friendly service from the branch staff - will be recommending Sixt Manchester to my friends and family
- Myles P. | 06.08.2013 09:51 Dan at the branch went out of his way to ensure that I had the car that I requested.
- Haleema B. | 03.08.2013 11:09 All the staff at this sixt are a great help and always willing to go the extra mile, especially the manager Danny
- Susan D. | 01.08.2013 10:44 I would like to thank the young man who helped us on Sunday 28/7/13 without whom we would have missed our train back to Edinburgh.We arrived at your offices in Ducie street (late, our fault) in a tropical down pour. The young man on duty courteously asked the customer he was dealing with if he could leave him and deal with us first -...
- Johannes N. | 31.07.2013 11:49 Many thanks again to Jack (the member of Staff working on both days, when I picked up and when I returned the car). Very good service.
- Emma B. | 25.07.2013 11:25 Even when i changed the booking the night before they did their best to help me. Brilliant service.
- Nathan H. | 23.07.2013 18:23 Could not of asked for a better price or service. Best rental company I have used in 10 years of driving!
- William M. | 23.07.2013 15:00 Love booking with you guys both in London and Manchester. Keep up the good work. Nice change to have great customer service, please pass on my thanks to both depots.
- Sarah G. | 21.07.2013 19:26 I have used Sixt on many occasions in Greece, and the staff have always been especially helpful, friendly and do their best to help me when I contact them at the last minute for a car. And as a pleasant surprise, I found exactly the same thing in Manchester: friendly and professional staff who behave like real people, rather than...
- Peter T. | 06.07.2013 14:15 good service, very accommodating staff on the return of the car as i was going to be late due to the closing of manchester city centre.
- Chadworth W. | 06.07.2013 12:02 I rented a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 for 10 days at an absolutely great price including LDW. I booked online and got a discount for booking early all great. I collected the car on the 01.07.13 at 12:30pm i was seen by the sales rep. Danny and i was out and driving away by 12:50pm. The sales rep was very helpful and friendly and explained...
- Colin G. | 27.06.2013 08:19 I very rarely rent a car as I have my own, however, on this occasion, I wanted something 'special' for my daughter and her friends prom night. I mentioned this when I booked online and the staff at Piccadilly, Manchester provided me with a first class vehicle fit for the job (E class Mercedes) and excellent service from collection to...
- David E. | 25.06.2013 11:37 Danny at your Piccadilly branch was friendly, energetic and really made me feel welcome! I was rather concerned before arriving that i would have been looked down upon because i'm only 21 but i was wrong! He made conversation about every day life whilst also staying professional! I will definitely rent again, in fact i've already...
- Shelley B. | 21.06.2013 19:26 Swift and efficient experience. Very well priced.
- Richard M. | 17.06.2013 07:42 Branch manager Danny was very good - nice personal service and reassurance.
- Anas Hambali A. | 15.06.2013 00:00 Vehicle rented have a perfect performance. Definitely will choose Sixt again in the future.
- Zainab A. | 06.06.2013 22:16 I have previously hired with hertz,but I preferred the customer service and quality of car from sixt,I'm very satisfied with the service I was given,thank you
- Alison P. | 06.06.2013 20:36 Very quick, efficient and no-problems service provided by your staff. What makes you stand out from other companies is your:1. Minimal fuss attitude, paperwork gets sorted quickly and in a stress-free way2. Friendly convivial service, very pleasant people to deal with3. Bank holiday opening - I didn't need it this time, but the...
- Roger J. | 03.06.2013 12:53 I chose Sixt because of your prices but I found the personnel there, especially Danny, very helpful. I would recommend Sixt to others, in fact two people have asked me about them already. Very satisfied with the service I received.
- Barry K. | 03.06.2013 11:57 Found that the service I had was very good a thank you to Danny
- James J. | 28.05.2013 18:55 Please screen your franchise operations so that you can clarifypossible insurance restrictions impeding the departure of vansfrom the UK. My rental was hamstrung initially due to theGloucester franchisee refusing my request to take their vanto the Republic of Ireland. In desperation, I drove my carto Manchester to deal with Mr....
- Chris T. | 24.05.2013 10:58 Always friendly, helpful and efficient staff at the Manchester (city centre) branch.
- Eleanor S. | 22.05.2013 07:44 Jamie Holt was great and helped all the way, the staff were very pleasant and our rental ran smoothly!Cheers Guys!
- Owen H. | 15.05.2013 07:29 Jamie was great, very helpful and made booking easy. Thank you
- David D. | 02.05.2013 00:00 Staff arranged a car at short notice and were friendly and attentive.
- Anthony F. | 25.04.2013 00:00 Really friendly and knowledgable staff who explained everything and made it very simple and straight forward. Looking forward to renting again.
- Steve P. | 21.04.2013 00:00 Super friendly. Great value. Flexible options around pickup and drop off. First class
- Waseem R. | 20.04.2013 00:00 Excellent prompt efficent service !
- Nicola B. | 19.04.2013 00:00 Very friendly, helpful and accommodating staff.
- John B. | 19.04.2013 00:00 First class service, would use again next time!
- Christopher B. | 18.04.2013 00:00 Very polite and helpfully staff. Will definitely be using sixt for any future rentals. Thank you
- Cayten P. | 14.04.2013 00:00 Couldnt of been any easier!!! First time renting a car. wont be the last.It was Quick and Simple to set up and the Staff at the Picadilly Branch in Manchesterwere fantastic. Cayten
- Peter F. | 05.04.2013 00:00 Amazing Service! great staff, speedy service will be using Sixt for all our needs!
- Michael T. | 01.04.2013 00:00 Easy to book. Good service. Nice vehicle.
- Elizabeth L. | 01.04.2013 00:00 The staff at your Mancehster Piccadilly centre are always, cheerful and helpful. I would like to commend them for good service.
- Patrick G. | 26.03.2013 00:00 Fantastic rental experience!!!Given that this was my first time renting a van with Sixt, I was a little uneasy as I hadn't driven a vehicle like this before and the conditions werent great for driving.Beth at the branch was brilliant in explaining what the best options for my rentals would be without being to pushy or aggressive with...
- Valeria F. | 23.03.2013 00:00 The staff was extremely nice, kind and gentle!
- Elsie G. | 21.03.2013 00:00 As always team at Ducie Street, were quick, polite, and always help put my suitcase into the boot. Full marks also for the new premises.
- Michelle M. | 20.03.2013 00:00 Service was good and friendly. Transit van was in good condition. Price was reasonable.
- Arron P. | 11.03.2013 00:00 Great service. Even got a slightly upgraded vehicle.Staff were friendly and helpful.Very impressed overall.
- Joseph B. | 10.03.2013 00:00 Well done Thanks, really pleased with the Mercedes upgrade, will use you again on my next trip, probably late June or early July.
- Andrew B. | 31.01.2013 00:00 Cheapest van rental for MCR as i had researched this. Most 24 hr transit van hire price is £40-45. Sixt was £29.00 this will attract more customers and myself again when required.Nice friendly staff.James the unit Manager was very good and helpfull and a credit to your company.Thank youAndrew Barry
- Paul W. | 22.01.2013 00:00 The staff were very good, so different to other hire companies we have used in the past.
- Robbie R. | 12.01.2013 00:00 Vehicle was perfect for our needs and at the best price available. I was extremely happy with the service!
- John P. | 10.01.2013 00:00 No suggestions, just a big thankyou for making the rental process easy, friendly and no nonsense!
- Matthew R. | 05.01.2013 00:00 Customer service from Peter was fantastic, friendly disposition. No issues with pick up or return and made our journey that much more pleasent. The car was in great nick. Thank youWill use sixt again as the rental prices are competative too.
- Mikail Tom B. | 28.12.2012 00:00 The best car rental experience I have ever had.
- Jamie L. | 20.12.2012 00:00 Staff at the branch / cabin were excellent, friendly, customer-focused and efficient. Nice to see!Thank you!
- Paolo S. | 20.12.2012 00:00 Great price, great van and great staff. Will definately be using again
- Geoffrey N. | 08.12.2012 00:00 Excellent service by all of your staff, rates extremely competitive, already spreading your good name and service, thank you
- Andrew T. | 06.12.2012 00:00 Staff at the office were friendly and helpful. It was a pleasure to deal with them.
- John A. | 22.11.2012 00:00 Keep up the good work, your service was great, very straightforward.
- Kevin M. | 22.11.2012 00:00 everyone was great with us as we are a disabled group, this was very important to us
- Nicole T. | 15.11.2012 00:00 Brilliant service and very helpful and friendly staff! Car was definitely good value for little money, wouldn't go anywhere else if I needed a rental car again!
- Chris S. | 08.11.2012 00:00 Hi. I was served by your employee called Peter Gray from the Piccadilly Manchester branch. . He was a really helpful and a pleasure to meet. Thanks
- Brian S. | 08.11.2012 00:00 You upgraded the van which was really helpful due to the smaller one not being available. Everyone was so friendly and could not do enough to help. I am truly impressed
- Sean F. | 05.11.2012 00:00 Great service, convenient and good value. Will definitely consider again in future.
- Michael C. | 05.11.2012 00:00 Very helpful staff, good value rental price, clean and well maintained cars. Very impressed.
- Lesley D. | 27.10.2012 00:00 I hadn't rented from Sixt before but will definitely do so again. I dealt with different staff on collection and return of the vehicle at the Manchester Piccadilly branch, and both provided excellent service with exactly the right level of friendliness and professionalism. The MPV I hired was great as well. Thanks!
- Kevin F. | 25.10.2012 00:00 Nice and friendly service.
- Steven M. | 25.10.2012 00:00 internet booking site is not totally practical via mobile phone,offers do not convert to your agents-even if they are available. The manager and assisstants handled my quandry admirably, connecting me with my choice of vehicle and my dateline. Payment was not possible over internet as there were no options offered for my debit card,...
- Andrew B. | 25.10.2012 00:00 Pleasant staff and 1st class vehicle at a competitive cost.
- Roberto M. | 18.10.2012 00:00 Friendly staff very helpful will call again highly recommended. thanks
- Stephen W. | 18.10.2012 00:00 I found the staff very informative and helpful. The vehicle was a good standard and most important it was reasonably priced
- Edward C. | 18.10.2012 00:00 :)
- Allen N. | 04.10.2012 00:00 Your's was a first class service & would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Manchester .
- Arkadiusz K. | 13.09.2012 00:00 It was really great experience renting a car from your office in downtown Manchester (Picadilly) - many thanks to David for suggesting an upgrade. It really saved my holidays!!! Many thanks for the professional service!
- Susan D. | 06.09.2012 00:00 Very helpful staff.Took me to station in pouring rain
- Harold R. | 31.08.2012 00:00 Fast friendly and very helpful staff. Eperienced no problems whatsoever, unlike my experience with other hire companies. WOULD RECCOMEND STRONGLYThank You
- Jeffrey F. | 30.08.2012 00:00 i enjoyed the simplicity of renting a car from you and was happy with the vehicle. I will definitely be renting from you again
- Paul L. | 27.08.2012 00:00 Fantastic service, very friendly, honest, and great value - everything you could want in a rental company. Well done Sixt, we will definitely look at using you again.
- Ben C. | 21.08.2012 00:00 Very welcoming and honest staff. In my experience, other rental companies have come across as intimidating and opportunistic.
- Erica P. | 17.08.2012 00:00 Complimenti, compagnia veramente efficente non abbiamo riscontrato nessun problema.Veicolo in ottime condizioni e rapidità sia per ritirarlo che nel consegnarlo.Piú che soddisfatta.
- Michael M. | 16.08.2012 00:00 It would be useful to leave a copy of the car's unser manual (or a brief version of it) to help customers familiarise themselves with the controls if they're not used to the vehicle.Or else spend a few minutes assisting with this if necessary.In every other respect a very good service
- Keith C. | 16.08.2012 00:00 Excellent service at pick up and drop off. Van also excellent will definitely recommend
- Michael H. | 16.08.2012 00:00 We have use SiXT frequently whilst in Spain & have been pleased with the high standard of service & vehicles, so you were a natural choice when it came to van rental. The staff were courteous & efficient, however the physical environment left alot to be desired.I would use SiXT again & highly recommend your service.
- Connor J. | 16.08.2012 00:00 David was great when getting the car out.Polo was brilliant, but be nicer as a bluemotion/diesel.Guy I checked back in with had never ironed his shirt!
- Oihane D. | 16.08.2012 00:00 Hi!The staff was very helpful and friendly. Thank you very much!
- Joseph B. | 12.08.2012 00:00 Very pleased with the car & the whole processImay well need to use you again in Manchester, will you be able to pick me up from Piccadily station on arrival? I got very wet walking from the station.
- Zulfiqar A. | 03.08.2012 00:00 PERFECT WILL BE COMING TO SIXT AGAIN :)
- Sumaiyah M. | 02.08.2012 00:00 Brief the person who rent the car on what is different about the car such as the way the gear works.
- Christopher J. | 14.07.2012 00:00 Fast service counter. No hassle & very pleased with the hire car. Excellent all round.
Car Rental Branch Details
|Mo. - Fr.||08:00 - 19:00|
|Sa.||08:00 - 17:00|
|Su.||09:00 - 16:00|
|Bank holiday||09:00 - 16:00|
Contacts / Lost & Found
SIXT Num. Manchester Piccadilly MANC05
|M1 2JL Manchester|
Location Plan - How to Find us
From Piccadilly train station please leave the main exit/approach . Go all the way down the ramp. At the bottom of the ramp (with Cafe Nero on your right) turn right on to Ducie Street. Follow Ducie street for about 400 metres and you will find Sixt Rent A Car in the car park on the left. (Please use the main entrance next to the Cafe)
Follow the Mancunian way/A57 till the end. Take a left onto Great Ancoats street. After 1 KM turn left into Ducie Street. Follow the road for about 300 meters and you will find Sixt in the car park on the right behind the Cafe.
We are just a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly Station and 10 minutes from Piccadilly gardens MetroLink stops, From Piccadilly train station please leave the main exit/approach . Go all the way down the ramp. At the bottom of the ramp (with Cafe Nero on your right) turn right on to Ducie Street. Follow Ducie street for about 400 metres and you will find Sixt Rent A Car in the car park on the left. (Please use the main entrance next to the Cafe) From Piccadily gardens head along Piccadilly in a south-easterley direction towards the rail station, approx 500 metres. As you are approaching the station you wil near Cafe Nero on your left hand side, Please take the left turn up Ducie street and folow the roaf for approximatly 400 metres and Sixt rent a Car will be on your left next to Lindas Pantry.
From Piccadilly gardens interchange head along Piccadilly in a south-easterley direction towards the rail station, approx 500 metres. As you are approaching the station you wil near Cafe Nero on your left hand side, Please take the left turn up Ducie street and folow the road for approximatly 400 metres and Sixt rent a Car will be on your left next to Lindas Pantry.
Rent a Car Services at this Branch
- Cars & estates
- Sports cars & convertibles
- Choose a car with your smartphone when picking up