Road safety rules are important for drivers to be aware of. Without knowing and abiding by road safety rules you could cause road accidents for yourself and other road users. Sixt has written some road safety rules for you to be aware of. Please read through the list carefully to ensure that you have a safe and pleasant road trip:
- Don't use your mobile phone whilst driving. Making or receiving a call can distract the driver of a vehicle and result in an accident.
- Make sure you and your passengers use their seatbelts. Failure to do so can result in serious injuries if you are involved in a road accident.
- Don't drink and drive. Even if you have drank a small amount of alcohol it can still effect your ability to drive safely. The best advice we can give you is to not drink any alcohol at all if you are driving.
- Lower your speed. If you are travelling at 35mph you are twice as likely to kill a pedestrian than at 30mph. Also don’t drive faster than the speed limit.
- Be aware of Children when driving. Children’s behaviour can be unpredictable so take extra care when driving past schools and residential areas by driving slowly and carefully.