The Panagias Keras Church is slightly off the beaten track, so it%u2019s a great place to visit with a rental vehicle. The walls of this ancient church are lined with frescos, and little stalls in the surrounding area sell trinkets and souvenirs.
Distance to Panagias Keras Church
- From Heraklion International Airport: 42.4 miles, about 58 minutes
- From Agios Nikolaos's town centre: 6.2 miles, about 16 minutes
Mirabello Bay dominates the coast of northern Crete. This wide, curving bay is the largest in the Greek islands and is home to many white sandy beaches that are ideal for swimming, sunbathing, and even snorkelling- many varieties of fish live in the blue waters of the cove.
Distance to Mirabello Bay
- From Heraklion International Airport: 37.2 miles, about 49 minutes
- From Agios Nikolaos's town centre: 0.4 miles, about 1 minute
Explore delicious local produce at The Cretan Olive Oil Farm, a countryside retreat that allows visitors to see how traditional olive oil is made. The owners offer generous samples of the oil to dip into bread, as well as wine and raki that are also made on-site.
Distance to The Cretan Olive Oil Farm
- From Heraklion International Airport: 19.6 miles, about 27 minutes
- From Agios Nikolaos's town centre: 0.2 miles, about 1 minute