Rental Guide. Booking your vehicle.
How to book or get a quotation.
- You can get a quotation and make a reservation online at www.sixt.co.uk. Just go to the car or van rental pages and follow the simple and quick reservation procedure
- Call Sixt Reservations on + 44 (0) 844 499 33 99
To rent a vehicle online from Sixt in the UK you will need to:
- have a full, clean driving licence held for at least a year.
- if hiring a minibus (CNMN and COMN) our requirements are that the driver must be over 25 years old and have held a full EU licence for at least 3 years with a category D1. These vehicle groups are not permitted to leave the UK mainland. Non EU citizens can drive vehicles with up to a maximum of 9 seats (FVMR).
- have your own credit card or a Sixt Express card.
- When collecting your vehicle please bring:
- A full driving licence for all named drivers, with details of all endorsements. If you hold the new photocard licence, the photocard AND the paper section of your licence must be shown at the time of rental.
- A credit or Sixt Express card. The credit card must be in the name of one of the drivers.
- British customers who don't hold a Sixt Express card should bring another form of identification. One of the following if paying by credit card, two if paying by debit card: passport or identity card, utility bill, another credit or debit card, building society book or statement, police warrant card or HM Forces ID card.
- The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be returned full, otherwise our current refuelling charge will apply.
- Your rental price will include VAT, damage protection and insurance costs and unlimited mileage (kms). Our rental agent will ask if any additional insurance is required. Please see our Insurance section.
- You will be given a Rental Agreement to check and sign. This will show any additional services and damage protection with the relevant charges.
- It is important you check the vehicle for any damage to help assess any damage that occurs during your rental. You will be asked to sign a Pre Rental Inspection document at the start and end of the rental.
Cancelling your reservation.
Once you have made your online reservation, you will be sent a confirmation email showing your reservation number, access code and rental details. If you need to amend or cancel your reservation please go to "CANCELLATION " and input your reservation number and access code.
You must receive permission to take the vehicle out of the UK and additional formalities and charges will be applied. These can easily be arranged for you - just contact your local Sixt branch in the UK in advance of the rental. Please note that there are some vehicle groups that are not permitted to leave the UK and some countries where entry is prohibited. Please see Insurances and Conditions for detailed information.
Extension of rental.
If you wish to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, this must be agreed with the Sixt branch in the UK so that the rental documents can be extended.
All major international Credit Cards - such as American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard/Mastercard and Visa - are accepted. Switch, british Maestro and Visa Delta Debit Cards are accepted. All other Debit Cards are not accepted. Cash Payment is not accepted. Sixt CarExpress Servicecard are only accepted in combination with a valid Credit Card.