Manchester Airport Car Hire
Car Hire Information for Manchester Airport
Hire a Car Manchester Airport from Sixt rent a car
Once you touch down at Manchester Airport, assuage your travel woes by planning for a car hire with Sixt for all your travelling needs in and around Manchester. Choose Sixt for the lowest rates, free cancellation and unlimited mileage policies, and no booking fees whenever you hire a car. You will pick up your car with a full tank and return it full. The Sixt office at Manchester Airport is open seven days a week making it easy to travel through England with Sixt. Sixt offers some of the highest quality car rentals in Manchester Airport!
About Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport is the third busiest airport in the UK, consisting of 3 terminals. Each terminal is serviced by the free Manchester Airport Bus that departs every 10 minutes for the Car Rental Village. Visitors can conveniently hire a car on the spot at the sales centre; however hiring a car in advance might give you a better price deal. Manchester Airport is only 8.7 miles away from the Manchester city centre, and once you receive your car keys it will only be a short trip to your holiday destination.
In your newly hired car, cruise around the Manchester city centre to see some iconic Manchester city sights like, for example, the Beetham Tower, Manchesters tallest building, and the Manchester Town Hall in Albert Square. A car hire also allows you to conveniently extend your Manchester experience beyond the city experience. When you have seen enough of the city life, get back behind the wheel and leave the city for an afternoon or even a day or two. Sports fans should drive to the neighbouring borough of Trafford to visit the Old Trafford Stadium, home of Manchester United. To escape the urban scene entirely, drive into the sprawling countryside of Greater Manchester and visit Piethorne Valley to see the gorgeous Pennine moors. Hiring a cheap car in Manchester is a great way to see more of Manchester!
Things to see Around Manchester
With a car rental, you can even venture beyond Manchester. Day trips to attractions like the Bards hometown Stratford-upon-Avon and lake district in Cumbria are only a 2-hour drive away. For a more adventurous detour, take a weekend out of your trip and drive 290 miles to Inverness, otherwise known as the Capital of Highland a historic city in the beautiful Scottish Highlands. Immerse yourself in history at the Culloden Battlefield, visit Macbeths Cawdor Castle, stroll around the famed Loch Ness, and for the ultimate Highland experience get lost in the peaceful, secluded Glen Strathfarrar. A fixed quota of cars are allowed into the glen every day, keeping its environments quiet, remote, and untouched. To enter Glen Strathfarrar, cars must request permission for access at the gatehouse.
With a car rental you can transform a Manchester holiday into an entirely UK holiday. There are no restrictions on where, when, and how with a car rental. Explore the entire country with the ease and convenience of your own ride, and get the best out of your holiday with Sixt rent a car. Are you more after a fancy car? Have a look at our prestige cars in Manchester!
Welcome to Sixt Car Hire at Manchester Airport
|M22 5WH Manchester GB +44-844-5760541|
|Type of station:||airport|
|GDS - Code:||MAN|
|Mo. - Su.||07:00 - 23:45|
|Bank holiday||07:00 - 23:45|
|24 h return|
What our customers say
- Troy Anthony W. | 02.12.2013 11:15 The whole experience was very easy and staff were very helpful the car was great and in fantastic condition. The return was very easy and staff very helpful to get us back to our hotel. Thank you
- Martin B. | 02.12.2013 09:38 Staff always very welcoming and friendly. Great cars, many upgrades. Can't fault your Company, and I've tried all the others first so I know what I'm talking about.
- Michael C. | 26.11.2013 11:47 This was the first time I have rented from Sixt and found the whole experience hassle free. The staff at Manchester Airport were professional and efficient. I would definitely rent from Sixt again.
- George B. | 12.11.2013 14:49 your staff were very helpfull especiaaly as i was late arriving [bad weather]the young man who was on the early shift upon leaving was great,how long will it be before you return the deposit on the the credit card?
- Joshua K. | 12.11.2013 11:19 The lady who checked me in as such was lovely and very polite, blond lady assistant manager. Will differently book again although the whole pre auth thin. Was a tad confusing.
- Michael D. | 07.11.2013 10:53 This is the second time I have used Sixt and the service has been exemplary, especially the van rental used previously. I have gotten used to ending up with a different van to the the one ordered and non-existent customer skills, so the Manchester branch of Sixt was a breath of fresh air. With the car rental, I appreciated the fact...
- Susan M. | 02.11.2013 17:21 Completely satisfied with the professional service I received, very easy to book, find, collect and return van. Van was in good condition and drove very well. staff were very helpful and efficient. I will use this service again and have recommended it to friends and family.
- Peter J. | 29.10.2013 21:08 Friendly professional team. Seamless, customer-centric service delivery. If all the service providers involved in international travel were this easy to deal with it would be a lot more pleasurable.Thanks.
- Gillian C. | 29.10.2013 12:46 entire process was seamless - staff were friendly and efficient. Really helpful even set up the satnav for me. Great service
- Simon T. | 15.10.2013 09:07 The whole trip was very simple professional and took only minutes to complete very friendly and quick the cars are always perfect I have used sixt numerous times in different country'sAnd the service is always the same great thank you
- Steven H. | 14.10.2013 16:02 Having rented vehicles in North America I found your company to be among the best, staff were superb and the car as advertised, as I said one the best and will rent from you again.
- Vivien J. | 03.10.2013 12:21 The staff on vehicle pick-up and drop off were just fantastic. The ease of this service ensures that I will indeed make use of Sixt agin. Thank you!
- Colin K. | 27.09.2013 16:58 on returning the car and during the inspection I found the employees reference to a small scuff on the front left tire to be a little melodramatic. I would think a thing as minor as that not worth commenting on. Apart from that the car rental was a good experience and would not prevent me from using Sixt again.
- Douglas G. | 23.09.2013 19:01 The rental was short notice due to issues at another rental agency and the Sixt person was very friendly and helpful in solving our transportation problem.
- Robert S. | 22.09.2013 14:00 The representative was so helpful upon our arrival into Manchester. We needed to alert our bank regarding our credit card issues, and she cheerfully offered us a phone. She explained everything we needed to know about the car. We will definitely use Sixt again!
- David-Paul H. | 19.09.2013 14:27 The staff at the Manchester airport office (particularly Rachel) were great sorting out all the official details needed for the booking following the declaration of the loss of my driving licence just before travelling.
- Carl P. | 15.09.2013 14:32 I found the emails prior to picking up the car really helpful. It gave me an impression and an anticipation that someone was waiting for me and that everything would go smoothly at the branch.
- Richard M. | 08.09.2013 04:51 I was very impressed with Sixt's customer service during the rental. I inadvertantly locked the keys in the boot when the car self-locked. The process of contacting the customer service team, including several phone-calls by the team to make sure that recovery had made contact and thet the issue had been resolved all made the...
- David W. | 07.09.2013 12:02 helpful staff and easy to book
- David C. | 01.09.2013 11:36 I did not get the vehicle I thought I had chosen when booking on-line (Citroen DS3) but the one I received was very good for its size and was well equipped.I will continue to use Sixt as I find the booking process very straight forward.
- Shane Mathew W. | 30.08.2013 10:25 Thanks. Perfect rental as always from Sixt
- Elizabeth L. | 27.08.2013 08:50 Many thanks to the staff at Manchester.
- Rebecca T. | 26.08.2013 23:30 Quick and easy, looking at booking again in near future.
- Geoffrey M. | 13.08.2013 12:00 A stressless rental experience - the website was easy to use, staff friendly and helpful, and the car was in good condition. Thank you, will rent from you again.
- Sarah M. | 08.08.2013 12:43 The service received when picking up and dropping off the car was excellent, the staff I dealt with were courteous, professional and efficient. I have hired vehicles from other companies previously and have never received an all round service at such a high standard as I received from your company, I would definately reccommend your...
- Natalie O. | 07.08.2013 11:58 Very positive experience. So much so I want to book again with sixt!
- Martine S. | 06.08.2013 16:28 Efficient and friendly service. Professional staff and excellent vehicle.
- Richard S. | 06.08.2013 13:19 Thank you Manchester team.Really great customer service
- William F. | 06.08.2013 11:01 Very happy with Sixt at ManchesterLong time since I rented with SixT in the UK, my first time at Manchester and everything was really great.Staff friendly.
- David W. | 01.08.2013 14:10 Friendly efficient staff. Lovely car provided at reduced rate. Very pleased-will definitely use Sixt again!
- Rose S. | 22.07.2013 12:11 Friend,y and helpful staff as usual :)
- Michael H. | 19.07.2013 22:50 Great customer service, very friendly and helpful. Prices good, and excellent services.
- Peter P. | 15.07.2013 12:08 The Manager was very friendly and helpful. The rates compared to other rental companies were quite favourable. The only company that had an automatic vehicle readily available.Prompt attention provided.
- Seamas M. | 15.07.2013 07:02 A very fair price. And a very smooth, efficient process.
- Thomas M. | 11.07.2013 18:47 I would have liked to nominate the employee that greeted me for an excellent customer service award. I misunderstood the signs at Manchester Airport, and proceeded with luggage in tow, to the Sixt office only to find it was the returns office. The young man that assisted me, unfortunately I don't have his name but it may be possible to...
- Alison D. | 10.07.2013 08:28 the employees gave me a choice of small vehicles to rent and therefore i was able to choose one that i felt more comfortable in. they also helped me with the directions out of the airport. i also did not have to wait to be served which is very convenient after a very long flight. thank you to you all.
- Peter J. | 05.07.2013 17:03 What made this rental particularly satisfying was Linda Hollins perceiving my unusual need for a larger vehicle to accommodate my family/luggage and making it available with the maximum of friendly efficiency and professionalism. The Volvo D5 Est met our needs very well.Keep up the good work!
- Michael C. | 05.07.2013 16:21 It was all quite friendly yet professional.
- Pushpa M. | 25.06.2013 14:47 Overall the pick up and drop off of the rental vehicle to Manchester's Car Village was very quick, easy and efficient to use. The staff (booking staff and car hand over staff) were very helpful and friendly. In particular Damon was professional and very empathetic to the fact that I was travelling alone with two young children and...
- Peter H. | 17.06.2013 10:33 The rental process was simple, the cost was very competative and the service was exceptionally good. I would certainly use Sixt again.
- Lorraine S. | 12.06.2013 13:39 The lady that served me was beyond nice, very friendly and made the whole process very easy. I have had a bad experience with Hertz and was dreading hiring a car again but I will use your company from now on. I need to rebook for end of June and I will be using you. Mostly down to the woman that served me, staff like that should be...
- Paul G. | 31.05.2013 00:50 Sixt were very helpful when I unexpectedly needed to extend my rental by 7 days after it had commenced. I was able to do this very easily by phone. I was very satisfied with the quality and presentation of the vehicle, the ease of collection process and competetive price.
- William T. | 15.05.2013 19:51 Would love to make a suggestion but sadly my rental experience with you was perfect . . .
- Karin A. | 14.05.2013 13:37 I was late and risked to miss my flight home. A Sixt staff drove me to the terminal so I could catch my flight. That may have saved my weekend. Thanks!
- Marvin T. | 03.05.2013 00:00 I have used Sixt a few times now at Manchester Airport, staff always friendly, courteous and efficient. Cars always clean and in good condition. Prices always reasonable, your my favourite rental company.
- Joseph K. | 18.04.2013 00:00 The staff at the counter in Manchester were spectacular. Ms. Hollins especially was very helpful. She made our experience a pleasure despite the fact that our car was not ready. She had no control over this but went out of her way to correct the issues. The customer service provided was second to none. When renting again, we will...
- Joern T. | 02.04.2013 00:00 Servicen i Manchester lufthavn er altid fantastisk. specielt vil jeg gerne rose den service man får når bilen returneres
- David F. | 17.03.2013 00:00 Extremely helpful staff at Manchester Airport office.
- Nicholas R. | 13.03.2013 00:00 The young lady on the checking desk was excellent, she had only been doing the job for a week or two, but her customer focused attitude really shone through. Her manager was also very helpful, buying me a coffee whilst I waited for the vehicle to be cleaned. Excellent service which would have me using sixt again. Thank you
- Simon B. | 09.03.2013 00:00 The whole service was exceedingly good but I must single out 'Michael' as a very helpful and kind man. There were potential problems with my driving licence and he went to a great deal of trouble to help me.He certainly is a great asset to your organisation and a superb ambassador for Sixt.Thank you,
- Nyall J. | 28.02.2013 00:00 The only suggestion I have is 'Keep Up The Great Work' :-)Thats the second time in 6 Months I have used SIXT. Totally satisfied. Many Thanks
- Neasa B. | 26.02.2013 00:00 Michelle at the desk on Friday 23rd was a credit to your company - just such a lovely person and really left us with a great impression of your company. We were equally as impressed with the man who checked our car back in when we returned it to Manchester Airport on Sunday night. Outstanding customer service from beginning to end.
- Danielle E. | 31.01.2013 00:00 Sixt were the best at rental company I have use yet. Everything costed exactly what I was told (unlike with other companies)
- James S. | 03.01.2013 00:00 The gentleman who dealt with my car hire upon arrival at Manchester Airport, Lee Smith. Should be commended on his excellent attitude and impecable customer service. He took time to explain all my options regarding vehicle choice as well as fuel in a friendly approachable manner. Mr Smith also dealt with the return of the vehicle in...
- Adrian M. | 20.12.2012 00:00 Very friendly and great assistance.
- Paul Damian C. | 13.09.2012 00:00 Great service and great car.
- Frank C. | 03.08.2012 00:00 I have rented vehicles in many countries over the years and I found that your Company provided me with the type of service I wanted. The car was excellent and your staff was very helpful, particularly a gentleman named ANDREW who took us to our rental and, by chance I suppose, was there when we returned it. He was someone of whom you...
- Anna V. | 24.07.2012 00:00 The staff were friendly and professional and there were no delays in picking up the car.
- Trevor B. | 15.07.2012 00:00 Great service! Thanks
- Paul D. | 14.07.2012 00:00 The service was excellent no high pressure insurance sales and a really nice clean car. Thank you we will be back in England in November and will definatly use Sixt again.
- Anthony V. | 06.07.2012 00:00 I arrived at Manchester with a pre-booking for Avis. They didn't have any cars and were in total chaos. So at short notice I went to the SIXT desk. The lady that helped me was a credit to your company, a first rate employee.
- Jayesh H. | 05.07.2012 00:00 Excellent service. Very quick and easy.
- Dwain E. | 28.06.2012 00:00 The Audi automobile was beautiful and it worked perfectly. The personnel were first-rate.
- Ros M. | 10.06.2012 00:00 Unbelievably straight forward from booking to collection and drop-off (from different terminals). Many Thanks!
- Kalman S. | 07.06.2012 00:00 I was absolutely satisfied with your service.
- Jammes F. | 05.06.2012 00:00 The young man serving us was excellent
- Alex S. | 30.05.2012 00:00 A good and efficient service. Good choice of vehicles
- Nicholas K. | 25.05.2012 00:00 very happy - hertz wourld not give me a car for 1 day - but you did. and at a decent rate.
- Timothy John L. | 24.05.2012 00:00 The service was fantastic, Lynda the Assistant Manager was really good.In the past I have had some issues, they have always been resolved better than I expected, I am a great advocate for SIXT and always insist that my colleagues and associates rent from SIXT globally
- Isobel V. | 18.05.2012 00:00 Also rented in Madrid the week before and the girl at that desk was amazingly helpful, polite and a credit to your business. Very good experience.
- Todor C. | 17.05.2012 00:00 I would like to send my thanks to the staff at Manchester Airport office. Everything was perfect albeit my flight was delayed over 2 hours the car was waiting me and I picked up for only 10 minutes. That was great! Thank you!
- Ian M. | 17.05.2012 00:00 Service was great. . .price was similar to other groups. We had no issues and all staff were very helpful.
- Angela F. | 17.05.2012 00:00 I was very impressed by your front desk staff. She was very courteous, friendly and efficient.
- S. James G. | 10.05.2012 00:00 Your men at Manchester airport are very service oriented.
- Julia H. | 10.05.2012 00:00 Better signposting for where your cars are located in the car park and a bigger sign indicating which letter box to put the keys through!
- Pablo G. | 10.05.2012 00:00 The drop off of car was a little confusing since there were no agents actually outside at the parking spots. Maybe larger signs directly customer on what to do would be helpful. Overall I had a great experience and will use you again. Thank you.
- Michaekl Lausen K. | 12.04.2012 00:00 Just keep up the good service. Everytime I use the Sixt office in Manchester Airport I get a better service than in the other offices I use in Geneve, Zürich... But still a good service - Thanks !
- Andrew M. | 29.03.2012 00:00 The lady at your reception was excellent and demonstrated A1 cusomter service skills.Please ensure my positive comments are forwarded to her.Thank you.
- Jane M. | 23.02.2012 00:00 Very helpful staff and a comfortable car. i did have to phone your office about the type of fuel as there was no information regarding this in the vehicle, again a very helpful young lady gave me this information.
- Keith William M. | 24.11.2011 00:00 Fantastic and the Staff were very helpful.
- David H. | 27.05.2011 00:00 Excellent and very fast service at pickupGreat vehicle at good priceI am telling everyone I know to visit your site first
- Kevin M. | 26.05.2011 00:00 The two rental agents at Manchester airport that made my rental so easy should be thanked for their extremly high levels of customer service. It's great to see a smile when you've just got off an early flight in to anywhere and to be met with pleasent and easy to deal with staff is a credit to Sixt. I will not only rent from Sixt again...
- Michael V. | 20.05.2011 00:00 An excellent experience
- Martyn B. | 12.05.2011 00:00 i use a price comparison site and it's usually Hertz that i go for and i usually get a fiesta ! However, this time Sixt came up the cheapest and i got an Audi A1 !! Happy days ! Will deffo use Sixt again.
- David M. | 28.04.2011 00:00 Good choice of cars much better than competition
- Jane S. | 14.04.2011 00:00 Great service and no hidden costs - great thanks
- Holmes M. | 08.04.2011 00:00 All staff, both pick-up and drop-off, projected an image of being proud of being associated with Sixt. This tends to be contagious!The car was a brand new upgrade, so all in all it was a most pleasant experience. I will make it a point of recommending Sixt to anyone here (Canada) that I know travelling to Europe.
- Harold J. | 10.03.2011 00:00 Your staff were both helpful and courteous. Will definitely use you again when we come back in June.
- David M. | 06.03.2011 00:00 The staff at the desk in Manchester airport were efficient and polite. Extremely helpful.
- Philip Andrew M. | 03.03.2011 00:00 Excellent service
- Karen H. | 27.01.2011 00:00 Easy to use web-site. Friendly service. Easy pick-up and drop off. Nice clean car. No waiting. Thanks!
- Christopher W. | 30.12.2010 00:00 We were very thankful that your agent waited back for us on Christmas Eve after the office should have closed, as our flight was 6 hours late in arriving... Please thank her again...And, as the passenger door on the first car we were given would not close because of ice build up, we had a second car alloted to us in minutes and that...
- Robin H. | 18.11.2010 00:00 Extremely good service.......keep it up
- Gary T. | 11.11.2010 00:00 Very good service
- Simon K. | 28.10.2010 00:00 keep up the good service thank you
- Francis Trever J. | 18.10.2010 00:00 Great Service - No fuss at pick-up and drop-off Extremely helpful staff at Manchester Airport with providing general information, help & assistance.These guys are a credit to your Group, other car rental services need to take a pge out of this office team.
Car Rental Branch Details
|Mo. - Su.||07:00 - 23:45|
|Bank holiday||07:00 - 23:45|
Contacts / Lost & Found
SIXT Num. Manchester Airport MAN
|M22 5WH Manchester|
Location Plan - How to Find us
The Sixt branch is located in the Car Rental Village. A FREE courtesy bus operated by Manchester Airport for the Car Hire Village will drop off and pick up from a new bus stop outside arrivals at all 3 terminals. The bus will run to a 10 minute frequency between 05:00 and midnight. After midnight the bus will operate an on demand service (there will be signage and intercom inside the bus stop that will go through to coach control).
The Airport train and bus stations are located between Terminal One and Two, take the shuttle bus to the Car rental Village
Exit the M56 motorway at junction 5 (Manchester Airport), follow signs for Terminal 3 and then Car rental Village
Follow the signs for Car Rental Village and park the vehicle in the Sixt return bay. Key drop of safe is in front of the building.
Out of Hours Pick Up & Return
Pick-up out of opening hours between 23:45 and 00:30 is possible for an additional charge. This service is bookable on request. Please provide your address and credit card details, e-mail address, flight and mobile number.Out of hour return possible.
key box available in the car rental village in front of the Sixt office.
A FREE courtesy bus operated by Manchester Airport for the Car Hire Village will drop off and pick up from a new bus stop outside arrivals at all 3 terminals. The bus will run to a 10 minute frequency between 05:00 and midnight. After midnight the bus will operate an on demand service (there will be signage and intercom inside the bus stop that will go through to coach control).
Rent a Car Services at this Branch
- Cars & estates
- Sports cars & convertibles
- Choose a car with your smartphone when picking up
- 24 h return