Edinburgh Airport Car Hire
What our customers say
- Mark H. | 23.08.2014 13:54 The Sixt employees were outstanding! They were quick, courteous, and helpful. They even helped me with my luggage when they saw I was struggling. They explained the vehicle features clearly and moved a seat to accommodate more baggage.
- Ian L. | 21.08.2014 22:18 As a first time renter with Sixt I was very impressed with the helpful and efficient customer service from your staff at Edinburgh Airport, in particular, Stacey was very efficient in handling my booking and Peter also very helpful when I returned the vehicle, giving an immediate breakdown of my account. I have already rented another...
- Rolf E. M. | 30.06.2014 19:08 Very positive overall customer experience. Have used SIXT in the past and will gladly rent from them again.
- Christopher B. | 29.06.2014 20:57 Sixt Offered AMAZING customer service! We were an hour late and therefore were not guaranteed our reservation; however, were upgrade to a Mercedes Benz. The lady helping us was incredibly knowledgeable and willing to help in any way and was able to explain and answer our questions really clearly. I was so impressed with Sixt in...
- Rina L. | 22.06.2014 10:49 Staff is always quick, efficient, friendly and professional when picking up and dropping off car. If car is located in a space not near to the the rental center, the car has always been brought to the door. Staff is willing to explain location of controls and any other questions that I may have without making me feel that I am...
- Julie A. | 09.03.2014 17:43 I would like to thank Adrian for checking over my car whilst letting me keep warm inside the car, he is also the first car rental employee to ever lift my heavy suitcase into the car for me, all without asking, and I have rented loads of cars over the last few years, so a big thank you to him, this may seen trivial but after a long...
- Michael G. | 28.02.2014 11:01 Great friendly staff. The online/app process was also way faster and simpler than other rental companies in the UK
- Alfred W. | 23.02.2014 19:14 We found your service and the vehicle provided both to be erxcellent.
- Nan B. | 31.01.2014 11:29 No comments really, all went well and efficiently, what I got corresponded to what I wanted! Thank you.
- Noam M. | 29.01.2014 12:31 The staff that attended me when I looked for a rental car, while considering my special requests found the best solution that accommodated my needsAn automatic car for the rental periodWhen I returned the car they also gave me full support to make the payment as I preferred to do it
- Fiona P. | 30.12.2013 19:30 It was all very smooth
- Alan S. | 19.12.2013 10:42 No complaints, just compliments. Many thanks
- John K. | 11.11.2013 09:29 just needed a small car and Sixt came up trumps.
- Graeme C. | 06.11.2013 12:33 A good car was provided for the price' the car was in good condition
- Steven C. | 30.09.2013 12:09 ALl was as desired, easy pick up and drop off. The gentleman dealing with my pick up and drop off was very helpful, patient and explained everything slowly and clearly.
- William M. | 25.09.2013 09:42 Very efficient and friendly service, despite the fact that this was the last flight of the day. I'm sure the desk operative was keen to get home, but this did not present itself in his manner. Car was clean and in excellent condition. Returns process was simple and quick
- John C. | 18.09.2013 10:01 The service was excellent and everything was explained
- Gerald K. | 28.08.2013 20:51 The car we got was as booked. Very friendly people involved. No problem at all. We would definitely book our car in the next holydays again from sixt.
- Vincent M. | 28.08.2013 18:54 A very special thank to John Fisher who saved our Holidays... We had a reservation at ALAMO (through Rentals.com) in Edinburgh but due to mistakes, finally, the women in charge refused to rent us the car. We went to SIXT and John Fisher found out the right car with a price reduction which made our reservation not more expensive than...
- Ruth M. | 12.08.2013 11:27 The service was excellent, the staff were excellent and the car was magnificent
- David K. | 09.08.2013 14:10 Staff were pleasant and professional. Thanks.
- Debbie G. | 04.07.2013 06:58 Friendly staff, quick and efficient with competitive costs
- John V. | 03.07.2013 09:55 Very good service
- Ramsey M. | 27.06.2013 20:30 I hadn't booked in advance as I hadn't anticipated requiring to rent a car that weekend. I met Ms Karlasova in the airport and despite the time of night, she was cheery and smiley which was just wonderful. She was chatty and took the whole process in her stride and made me feel totally at ease, she was even so nice as to show me to my...
- Andrew E. | 25.06.2013 09:27 Sixt (edinburgh Airport) are very professional and well organised.
- Y B. | 25.06.2013 06:12 i like to work with Sixt this was my 7 time that i took car from sixt good price and good service
- Scott P. | 23.06.2013 16:27 At check in the Sixt representative took time and treated me as a person rather than just another client. Well done.
- George C. | 22.06.2013 17:40 staff at Sixt in Edinburgh Airport where very help full to us at at the time of night we where there late at night time
- Fiona C. | 21.06.2013 07:27 Hello the customer service represnetative was excellent, I di dnot ahve a reservation and she worked really hard to find me the right car at the right price. Your pircing was competitive as well. I would switch to Sixt. In fact it is the second tinme I have used you and the service was good both times. I also like the idea of all...
- John C. | 18.06.2013 10:08 i found it very good and cheaper than other rental companies, i rang a few other companies while in the terminal, a few didnt pick up, enterprise quoted me an astronomical price for the smallest car they had. ended up with a lovely VW golf from yourselves for a fraction of the cost (even with sat nav). thank you.
- Millar D. | 17.06.2013 10:14 Your Staff at Edinburgh airport were just simply wonderful, happy, helpful and very good service.Kind RegardsDougie Millar
- Daniela K. | 08.06.2013 16:05 Sehr gute Hilfestellung und Betreuung bei der Reifenopanne am Loch Ness.
- John R. | 07.06.2013 12:43 Everything came together at Edinburgh Airport!
- Colin L. | 07.06.2013 08:19 We were dealt with quickly and politely on arrival and received the exact car we had booked (unlike other car hire companies we have booked through). We were given a brand new vehicle which was both comfortable and reliable. On returning the car we were seen almost immediately by a member of staff to check it over. We will certainly...
- Dariusz Jerzy S. | 06.06.2013 21:38 Professional and friendly service
- Martin S. | 22.05.2013 08:24 Very friendly staff! It is great after arriving in a foreign country to be treated so well.
- Tim H. | 14.05.2013 13:52 Very efficient and friendly service. In fact, the agent in Edinburgh (airport) offered dining recommendations, carrier our bags, and offered to give sightseeing advice for the Highlands for our next visit. His name is John Fisher, and he represented your company well.
- Robert B. | 07.05.2013 14:09 Inexpensive, customer service oriented staff, and wonderful products. We rented the economy compact vehicle option, and had an incredible 2012 Chevy Aveo! It was very nice on the inside, and had a ton of space. We were so pleasantly surprised. As a standard vehicle it was super smooth and easy to drive. Clean, fun, and above all safe...
- Valbjorn Magni B. | 24.04.2013 00:00 I was very pleased with the service I received at the branch in Edinburgh airport and this one employee in particular who was on duty when I picked up the car and also when I dropped it off went the extra mile for me, he was exceptionally good in his job presenting the company to the top level and making sure that I was pleased and...
- Martin B. | 23.04.2013 00:00 the service was excellent, nothing compare to any other.I drove a citroen DS4 which was a great car.Thanks to all the team (they were not like machine/computer, they took the time to listen to me and have shown a great attention to my situation.I hope to see them again soon,Kudos,Ben.
- Rachelle M. | 22.04.2013 00:00 Adrian was of great help. Super friendly and gave competitive quotes. I will definitely work with SIXT again when permitted.
- William L. | 21.04.2013 00:00 Excellent service, courteous staff, no problems whatsoever.
- Spencer H. | 18.04.2013 00:00 Excellent service all round at Edinburgh Airport.
- Rob D. | 15.04.2013 00:00 Good customer service for both the collection and return of the hire vehicle. Vehicle allocated was in excellent condition. A good all round experience thank you.
- Susan M. | 15.04.2013 00:00 Very quick and helpful staff
- Cristiano V. | 07.04.2013 00:00 Faultless service.
- John G. | 07.04.2013 00:00 As a return customer for many years, can I say once again thank you to the reception team for providing me with an exceptional, newly delivered, and beautiful car and advising me on all the right issues. On return the service was really prompt, efficient and polite and I will continue to recommend your services widely. Best wishes...
- Robert M. | 07.04.2013 00:00 In edinburgh airport the customer service from a scottish man was first class. His customer service and attention to detail eas second to none, I only wish I coulf tell you his name because he definitly deserves a promotion.
- Arkadiusz K. | 07.04.2013 00:00 The man who gave us the car on the 1st was very helpful and friendly. We found him very approachable and friendly too. The car was great and we had a good time.
- Kirills K. | 07.04.2013 00:00 It was the best rental experience for myself. I hire cars regularly, but sixt offered the best service ever at all times! The rental agent that served me couldnt be any better! The overall experience is just brilliant! Thank you for all your effort and see you again soon!
- Ang Song W. | 06.04.2013 00:00 Generally, I am satisfied with Sixt service and enjoyed great holidays in Edinburgh.However, you can improve of the fuel charges which i used only quarter tank but being charged for full tank.Anyway, not a big issue.Thank you to all Sixt staff for your excellent service.Regards,
- Michael H. | 06.04.2013 00:00 Excellent service at Edinburgh Airport,will certainly recommend Sixt.
- Benjamin A. | 05.04.2013 00:00 Guter Minibus, der alle Erwartungen erfüllt hat.
- Darren P. | 04.04.2013 00:00 Great customer service from the team at Edinburgh airport with no hard sell for options at time of rental.
- William B. | 03.04.2013 00:00 Excellent customer service!! Everyone was extremely friendly and accomodating!!
- Karolis J. | 27.03.2013 00:00 Great car, very good service. Will use sixt company again, 10/10.
- Gordon H. | 26.03.2013 00:00 Smooth and easy.
- John B. | 24.03.2013 00:00 Very pleased, will use your company again.
- Patrick B. | 23.03.2013 00:00 The staff at Edinburgh airport were very helpful and pleasant.
- Thomas N. | 19.03.2013 00:00 Excellent and efficient service from the team
- Arjen V. | 16.03.2013 00:00 Very kind officemanager! We'll come bach!
- Gary M. | 15.03.2013 00:00 staff at airport were very pleasant, i even up graded my joice of car.
- Kevin B. | 04.03.2013 00:00 Very good service from the Edinburgh staff
- Roberta M. | 28.02.2013 00:00 The person who helped me (was it Adrian) was great. I arrived around 1800 on February 16th after a long flight. I was tired. It was nice to be greeted by a helpful and friendly person. He upsold me a car and I was happy about it. I felt very taken care of by him. Please thank him for me.
- Andrew S. | 26.02.2013 00:00 Very good service and a very nice car!
- Catriona P. | 26.02.2013 00:00 this was my most pleasurable experience renting a car from edinburgh airport. which i do 5-6 times a year...i would highly recommend your staff member who was on duty who kindly pointed out id paid for xtra insurance thro an agent...he called them and helped me insist on getting a refund...
- Gordon B. | 22.02.2013 00:00 very good service, will use sixt again
- Ray C. | 22.02.2013 00:00 no, just wanna say that your staff couldn't have been more helpful. a really good start to a great trip
- Alistair C. | 22.02.2013 00:00 Our car hire was processed with the utmost speed and helpfulness thank you Edinburgh airport crew.
- Dawn G. | 21.02.2013 00:00 Very helpful chap at Edinburgh Airport, smart as well. I will change in future from Europcar
- Kevin A. | 20.02.2013 00:00 Excelent service,how do i open an account.
- Ann F. | 20.02.2013 00:00 Excellent experience. Knowledgeable and friendly staff and clean, comfortable and well maintained car at excellent rates!Thanks
- Mark C. | 19.02.2013 00:00 Edinburgh Airport Sun 17th Feb 0900 - the male representative (Mr Johnston)serving was excellent and extremely knowledgeable and helpfull. A credit to Sixt.
- Gerald H. | 18.02.2013 00:00 Well done to the team, I have used Sixt twice now and would thoroughly recommend your company, for the swift way I took over my hire vehicle, and likewise when I dropped the vehicle off upon my return.
- Peter B. | 15.02.2013 00:00 helpful staff and well presented car in excellent condition
- Jeremy O. | 13.02.2013 00:00 The customer service was excellent as was the condition of the vehicle.Keep the prices as low as you had on this occasion and will definitely use you again.Thanks for a very good hire and service.
- Ross M. | 08.02.2013 00:00 Kiril at the check in desk was a really nice guy. Gave me some great info about the car and what i could expect about the weather. This guy is a credit to the company. I would definately book with Sixt if all the staff were as good as this young chap. Well done Sixt!
- Thomas M. | 08.02.2013 00:00 Very helpful and professional
- Christina D. | 07.02.2013 00:00 Thank you for the opportunity to comment however your staff were extremely helpful, what a wonderful team you have at EDinburgh Airport, they are a credit to SIXT especially the chap who served me.
- Jane H M. | 07.02.2013 00:00 Very helpful staff. Quick turnaround very important at an aiport like Edinburgh
- Jamie M. | 07.02.2013 00:00 I felt the service was good and I would definitely recommend.
- David C. | 07.02.2013 00:00 Very helpful assistant at the desk on departure. Price matched what was quoted and car was clean and good condition.
- Venkatanarayanan S. | 04.02.2013 00:00 It was great! Only request would be if the pick up time could be shortened even further, it would be great.
- Antony R. | 31.01.2013 00:00 Really impressed with the customer service, professionalsm and friendliness at Edinburgh airport...
- Elizabeth R. | 24.01.2013 00:00 I also continued the rental the following week but could not open for some reason your e-mail. Would like to let you know that I had excellent service from two gentlemen at Edinburgh Airport. Trevor and Adrian.Thank you.Liz Robertson
- Alexander D. | 24.01.2013 00:00 Choose cars better. At the bottom end, the Skodas are great, but the cars with doors that open the wrong way, or the Chryslers with their mega fuel consumption, are the things that cause one to avoid Sixt. Your staff are great, service is excellent, prices are highly variable, but when competitive then you need the car. I assume...
- Amanda S. | 24.01.2013 00:00 Hi, the female member of your team that processed my booking at the airport was fantastic, excellent service, very friemdly and helpful, good sense of humour ...thank you she would be the reason I am booking again!
- Michael M. | 17.01.2013 00:00 online checkin good but car wasnt ready - 10 minute waitotherwise staff excellent - chap from Lithuania service very good
- Stephen W. | 17.01.2013 00:00 The ability to speed up the allocation/collection of the car by providing information on e-mail before arrival worked extremely well. The vehicle provided was at least as good as, or perhaps slightly better than I had requested (not often the case with many providers), and the ability to receive, and return the vehicle full of fuel is...
- Elizabeth C. | 17.01.2013 00:00 This is the first time I have used Sixt in the UK and I can only commend you as every aspect of my dealings with your organisation was to my complete satisfaction. Thank you.
- Bradley E. | 03.01.2013 00:00 Fantastic service and vehicles which is why we keep coming back to Sixt. Courtesy reminder call prior to pick-up is appreciated, as was the great service received when we needed to arrange a vehicle recovery service on Christmas day.
- Janis F. | 27.12.2012 00:00 Really nice young man at desk.He could not have been any more helpfull.Also on my return the young man was very nice. No long waits like I have had from other rental companies at Edinburgh. Many thanks.
- Lee D. | 20.12.2012 00:00 Excellent service. :-)
- Russell C. | 15.12.2012 00:00 Staff at this location could not be more accommodating and helpful. Wonderful service. Thank you.
- Joyce D. | 13.12.2012 00:00 Edinburgh Airport staff extremely pleasant and helpful - thank you!
- Tim H. | 13.12.2012 00:00 De medewerker die zondagochtend 2 december dienst had op het vliegveld van Edinburgh was erg vriendelijk.Translated from Dutch: The employee who was on duty on Sunday December 2 from Edinburgh Airport was very friendly.
- Michael S. | 13.12.2012 00:00 Allow staff to through in the odd free upgrade, will bring tonnes of goodwill and return rentals
- Alan U. | 13.12.2012 00:00 Good serviceThanks :)
- Martin F. | 06.12.2012 00:00 My best business rental experience
- John F. | 06.12.2012 00:00 the booking in and returns staff were very friendly and efficient and explained everything to me. The only complaint I have is that the minibus I hired did not give any warm air to the rear seat passengers.
|Address:||Car Rental Centre|
|EH12 9FS Edinburgh GB +44-844-4993399|
|Type of station:||airport|
|GDS - Code:||EDI|
|Mo. - Su.||07:00 - 23:00|
|Bank holiday||07:00 - 23:00|
|24 h return|
Welcome to the Edinburgh Airport Sixt rent a car office
Sixt car hire Edinburgh Airport
Sixt offers great car hire services at the Edinburgh Airport where you will be able to land at the Airport and know that you have a trusted car rental company to travel through Edinburgh with. With Sixt you get a wide range of vehicles to rent like luxury cars, convertibles, minibuses, and cheap cars. So no matter what vehicle you would like to hire Sixt has the vehicle at affordable rates. With Sixt in Edinburgh you will be able to hire a car when you are 19 or older, every rental includes unlimited mileage, basic insurance, Premium location fee and Road tax. As you can see with Sixt you will be able to get a premium service with Sixt! Sixt is looking forward to renting you a car in Edinburgh!
About Edinburgh UK
Edinburgh city, the capital of Scotland is set in an idyllic world heritage site, offering oodles of historical sites dating back from the bronze age. With a population of almost 500,000 Edinburgh is the second largest city in Scotland and a top UK tourist hotspot with 1 million overseas visitors attending the Fringe independent performing arts and comedy festival in August alone, making the city well known as the European cultural hub for performing arts venues.
Fly into Edinburgh Airport
Sixt rent a car is located inside the busiest airport in Scotland. Inside the airport there are over 40 airlines that fly into the only terminal in the airport. With the 40 airlines there are only two runways to take off from. The Edinburgh airport was founded in 1977 and has only expanded since. Sixt opened its car hire location in the Edinburgh airport in April 2011. Making it more convenient to get a great rental car at a low price from the Edinburgh Airport.
Car hire at Edinburgh Airport
Sixt Edinburgh Airport is perfectly positioned at the exit of arrivals and you can't fail to miss our bright orange branch! We offer a wide variety of cars to hire from small economy right the way to large luxury cars. If you are looking for something a little bigger we also offer Vans at the Edinburgh airport branch. Our friendly staff will be happy to help with any questions or assistance that you need before you set off to enjoy the rest of your stay in Edinburgh!
Sixt at Edinburgh Airport is looking forward to greeting you and serving all of your car hire needs in Edinburgh Airport!
Car Rental Branch Details
|Mo. - Su.||07:00 - 23:00|
|Bank holiday||07:00 - 23:00|
Contacts / Lost & Found
SIXT Num. Edinburgh Airport EDI
|Car Rental Centre|
|EH12 9FS Edinburgh|
Location Plan - How to Find us
Follow Signs toward Edinburgh / Edinburgh Airport (A8) take the first exit for Edinburgh Airport, Take first exit of the roundabout over the next to roundabouts at the 3rd roundabout take the 3rd exit sign posted for Car Rental Returns. Post code EH129FT.
Exit 2a of M8 and follow signs toward Edinburgh Airport (A8) take the first exit for Edinburgh Airport, Take first exit of the roundabout over the next to roundabouts at the 3rd roundabout take the 3rd exit sign posted for Car Rental Returns. Post code EH129FT.
Follow signs marked for Edinburgh Airport at the round about take the 2nd exit then follow the signs to Edinburgh Airport / Ingliston 2nd and 3rd Roundabout 2nd exit at the 4th Roundabout take the 3rd exit sign posted to Car Rental Returns. Post code EH129FT.
Out of Hours Pick Up & Return
Pick-up out of opening hours is possible between 23:15 and 06:00 for an additional charge. This service is bookable on request. Please provide your address and credit card details, e-mail address, flight and mobile number.Out of hour return possible.
Return out of opening hours is possible, a keybox is available. Please provide e-mail address and mobile number.
Rent a Car Services at this Branch
- Cars & estates
- Choose a car with your smartphone when picking up
- 24 h return